The play composed of vignettes, each revolving around a character or set of characters.
- Susan. Singapore. A nurse
- Hock. New York. Fresh out of National Service
- Nicholas. Singapore. A priest
- Francis. Singapore. A handphone shop attendant
- Lily. Singapore. A professor of English
- Denise. Singapore/Tokyo. Civil servant, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Kong. Singapore. DENISE’s father. A taxi driver
- Alex. Singapore/Tokyo. Assistant manager at Goldman Sachs, Tokyo
- Regina. Singapore. Retail associate at Uniqlo. ALEX’s girlfriend
- Akiko. Tokyo. Janitor at the Goldman Sachs building, Tokyo
- Natalie. Singapore. A library executive
- Valerie. Singapore/New York. Natalie’s sister. A marketing manager.
- Jeremy. New York. Valerie’s fiancée, a podiatrist
- Peter. New York. A homeless person.
Eleanor’s career spans the realms of theatre, opera, television and music. Since 2000, she has worked steadily as an actor, director, scriptwriter and educator, collaborating with established Singaporean companies such as W!LD Rice, The Necessary Stage, Theatreworks, Singapore Repertory Theatre, Teater Ekamatra and L’arietta Productions. People will be Eleanor’s second collaboration with the Singapore Management University, after directing VOIX’s Singa-Pella in 2019.
as Nicholas and Kong
as Regina and Akiko
Student Production Team
Back Row from Left to Right: Uma Maheswary Suntheram, Shannon Law, Rachael Ang, Tong My Linh, Muhammad Nur Izeyar Bin Yazid
Middle Row from Left to Right: Ariel Ong, Le Ngoc My, Erina Hazira Bte Suhaimi, Rachel Han, Gabrielle Ong
Front Row from Left to Right: Sebin Chin, Sasthaa Gingee Babu Uday, Noelle Diong
Tai Zi Feng
Started by a group of theatre-loving students in June 2002, StageIT has anchored themselves as a student-run theatre production group dedicated in developing their members’ acting and theatre production skills while spreading the theatre culture to the SMU community.